The environment: actions speak louder than words
The Enveloppe Concept team is committed to conducting its manufacturing operations in an environmentally responsible way. With that goal in mind, we have developed a set of responsible practices governing the use of raw materials, production facilities, and product management via internal programs.
- FSC-COC certification, a “license to produce” with paper from well-managed forests.
- 100% recycling of surplus and waste paper.
- Full recovery and recycling of ink.
- Use of starch-based window material (“glassine”).
- Use of water-based adhesives and monitoring of a program aimed at reusing glue containers.
- Full recovery and recycling of chemicals used to produce printing plates.
- Water used in the equipment is recovered and reused.
- Heat produced by the plant is recovered.
- Electricity is stored and redistributed.
- Program to purchase raw materials in large quantities to reduce packaging and to minimize the company’s environmental footprint by reducing transportation needs.
- Recycling program for boxes and wooden palettes for major accounts.